Should You Buy A Cheap Watch Or Invest In A More Expensive One?
If you are a watch enthusiast, you will know that the price ranges available for timepieces is mind-blowing. While there are watches that are available for under $50, the prizes of some luxurious timepieces exceed $100,000.
Here, we are not going to talk about the extremely cheap watches or the exorbitant ones. Rather, we are going to consider the benefits and possible downsides of buying cheap watches under $100 and premium watches that are more expensive.
The Most Important Thing to Understand About Watch Prices
If you are in the market for a new watch, you need to understand that price is one of the most important factors to consider. This is because the price is an indication of quality in most instances. While it is possible to get a good watch for less than $100, the more expensive ones are often more reliable.
Buying a cheap watch should only be an option when you are on a tight budget and just need a watch for the time being. If you want a watch that will stand the test of time, you should go for those that are slightly on the expensive side. To help you make an informed decision, we will discuss cheap watches under $100 and the most expensive ones separately.
Cheap Watches Under $100
So far, we have reiterated that it is possible to find watches for less than $100. The truth about such watches is that they are of low quality. They are made for a target market that has little knowledge of watches and individuals who are on a tight budget.
Advantages of Cheap Watches Under $100:
- You don’t need so much money to own them
- Nice cheap watches are readily available
- Buying a low price watch is a less-risky undertaking since the money you are paying is not significant.
Disadvantages of Cheap Watches Under $100:
- They are made from cheaper materials and may look cheap
- As not made from the best materials and will not stand the test of time. This means you will have to replace them more often
- They lack advance movement and are not always reliable.
Expensive doesn't mean a watch has to cost thousands of dollars. In this context, we are using expensive to qualify watches that cost more than $100 and are of the right quality. These are premium watches that are made with the right materials by some of the top watchmakers but do not fall under the category of most expensive watches.
Advantages Of Expensive Watches:
- They are reliable watches and most feature advanced movement
- They are made from quality materials and can last for many years
- They look trendier, fancier, and will always make the right impression on any occasion.
Disadvantages of Expensive Watches:
- Their prices may be too high for some group of buyers
- Some are not too great, and buyers may overpay for advertising and other unnecessary stuff.
Should You Buy A Cheap Watch Or A More Expensive One?
The sort of watch you decide to buy should depend on your specific needs, your budget, and the characteristic of the particular watch. If you are on a budget and need a watch just for an occasion, a cheap watch will do. On the other hand, if you need a watch you want to wear for years, go for the more expensive options.
What’s more, it is essential that you buy watches from reputable manufacturers. We offer a variety of affordable premium watches that come with a 10-year warranty. Check out the available watches and grab what you need.
Depending on your specific needs, you can buy a watch under $100 or a more expensive option. We have tried to discuss the two and hope that this piece helps you make the right decision.